• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Officer Intent on Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

abcxyz

If after I am stopped for a seat belt violation for my 5 year old girl I invite the officer into my car to prove the
seat belt is too loose and he has to tie a big knot in it to make it tight as that is the only way he could fix it. Is he not obligated by some police code to write me a ticket for a defective seat belt to get it fixed properly instead of allowing me to leave with the seat belt tied up in a knot. Instead he gave me a ticket for my child being out of her seat belt.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

I am not sure what you are asking, but officers really have the authority/discretion to ticket you or not ticket you and the type of ticket to give, as well.

That's why us girls can cry our way out of a ticket.

B

bella

With all due respect, what needs to be considered here is the recklessness of not having a 5 year old child belted in a car.

L

lawrat

I 100% agree with you but again, it is officer discretion to ticket or warn.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">