• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should there of been a settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

carter8080

i am from Minnesota a few years ago i sprained my ankle on the job and was out of work for 2 weeks my ankle has not been a 100% since, in the morning i can barely walk on it till it losin up, my question is shouldnt i have recieved some kind of settlement for my less then normal ankle.If so have i waited to long. Thx

L

LadyBlu

carter8080 said:
i am from Minnesota a few years ago i sprained my ankle on the job and was out of work for 2 weeks my ankle has not been a 100% since, in the morning i can barely walk on it till it losin up, my question is shouldnt i have recieved some kind of settlement for my less then normal ankle.If so have i waited to long. Thx
At the time that you injured your ankle did you file a Workers COmp claim? If so then have you seen any Dr's over the last two years for the pain that is still present?

If you havent seen a Dr, I suggest you do so as soon as possible. (If you have a Workers Comp Claim on the nkle from previously)
You can get treatment for the ankle still, not sure about monetary compensability, most states have a 2 yr statute of limitations on that. But the medical treatment should be a lifetime benefit if the paperwork was filed with WC as required by their laws.

If you did not file a WC claim at the time of the injury then I believe it is too late now to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">