• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful ex-employer practice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melodee

What is the name of your state? florida

I was layed off from a job in January 24,2005.SInce than I have filled out numerous application and faxed numerous resumes and either I received no response or I received we can not hire you, without a reason.Recently I had a very potential job offer and after the interview I kept being put off,so i finally was notified that they choose someone else.So I also found out with anonymous source, that my previous employer had put a "warning on my file" the only warning I knew about stemed from an incident where I fell asleep on the line,and I told my boss that I had been at the emergency all night with my step-son's daughter and I told him I knew if I had missed work he would be angry so I came to work,he had me sign a paper that he had talked to me and I told him I really didn't feel this was right but I still had to sign the paper.So the question is this:since all potential employers see this and refuse to hire me, is this considered blackballing? and if the answer is yes, what are my rights,in other words what can I do about this?What is the name of your state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">