• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cadillac

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunpowered

ARIZONA< Hello, I am wanting to know if I take a car in for a recall repair and I only had this car for a week before the repair was made and since that time it has not started right.I took it back and was told it was the FPR, which I knew when I went back in as I had done some research and it is a common problem after this recall problem is fixed.But here is the catch the recall calls for what is called dealer recall respondsibility which states that if a recall car comes into their inventory they are to fix it before being sold or released, ok bear with me now it was taken in trade so that is once in the dealers inventory, then before I bought the car I have them replace the plugs and wires.Ok the second part of dealer respondsibility is that if a car comes in for service it is to be repaired before being released. Just so you know the recall was not done as per recall instructions as no protectice conduits were placed over the sprak plugs wires as required by the recall as to not make contact with SS fuel rail and I think damage to my FPR which is why my car does not start right now, also the fact of them damaging the cover nuts and leaving blood on my windsheild and fender.
Now I am wondering first do I have any legal action for them failing to make the recall repairs proir to my purchase, making the contract void or by not doing the recall before selling the vehical can I just give them back the car and walk away or do I have to sue them.

msiron

When they did the recall they did not install the 'old fuel pressure regulator', correctly, on the new fuel rail. The original pressure regulator is junk anyway and they know that. It's also suppose to get a new seal kit but maybe they didn't do that either? :(

If you think your going to get any kind of buy back, your dreaming. Tell the dealer that your contacting the zone rep, or go to reputable GM dealer to have it fixed properly.

sunpowered

well just wanted to know.But if they know the old FPR is junk or there is a known problem can Owners of the recalled Cadillacs start a class action for the repairs of damage caused by the recall. I just don't think your car should run worst after a so called recall repair, do you.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">