• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who is responsible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vmn2life

I really have a tough question! Hope you can help!! My brother went hunting with another guy, the other guy had a dog with him. The other guy was out of the boat pulling the bow line to get the boat back in the float blind. My brother was in the back of the boat pushing with a pole to help guide the boat. My brother had propped his gun up on the bow facing the water. The other guys dog was all excited about retrieving a duck and was jumping all around the bow waiting for his owner to pet him. He jumped up on the gun and the gun went off and shot the other guy. Now the other guy is gonna try to sue for monetary damages. He is claiming that my brother didn't have the safety on. The gun was an 870, the safety button sticks up when on and is right beside the trigger. The dogs paw print is on the barrel. It is very possible that the dogs weight pushed the safety off and his claw pull the trigger as he was going down. Can he possibly get away with this? If he knew the safety wasn't on,why did he step in front of the gun?? The guy is a proffessional guide..he hunts for a living why would he let someone on his boat with the safety off?? My brother knows the safety was on! Please give me some advice!!! This happened in virginia.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">