• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

remodel question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

question1

What is the name of your state? California
My question is with regard to potential problems with a completed remodel. If a deficiency is verified, and a repair deemed necessary, does the contractor who performed the remodel construction have the legal right to repair the problem first, prior to another contractor being retained to repair the problem?What is the name of your state?

Judgment!

question1 said:
What is the name of your state? California
My question is with regard to potential problems with a completed remodel. If a deficiency is verified, and a repair deemed necessary, does the contractor who performed the remodel construction have the legal right to repair the problem first, prior to another contractor being retained to repair the problem?What is the name of your state?

Not if it's not in the original, or amended, contract.

IAAL

Buk1000

Sounds like what you are talking about is a right-to-repair law. I believe CA passed a sentate bill, SB 800 if I'm not mistaken, a few yrs back that addresses that. You should check out www.hadd.com They have a CA chapter. I had a problem in another state and at the time, their CA chapter was pretty actively opposing a right-to-repair law if I recall. One of the reasons was that it allowed a bad contractor to take another whack at it, when they'd already proven they were incompetent. It wasted time for homeowners and often made things worse. I could have the bill # wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">