• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Waype

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

waype

What is the name of your state? ky
I recently put up a 6' privacy fence around my back yard in order to put in an inground swimming pool. The neighbors on both sides of me agreed that it was alright with them. The house behind me was vacant when the fence was erected. The new buyers, (closing on the 21st. of April.)state they want the fence down as it obstructs their view of my trees. Also the sub-division regulations require a 4' max. fence. Do I have any recourse?

S

shell007

waype said:
What is the name of your state? ky
I recently put up a 6' privacy fence around my back yard in order to put in an inground swimming pool. The neighbors on both sides of me agreed that it was alright with them. The house behind me was vacant when the fence was erected. The new buyers, (closing on the 21st. of April.)state they want the fence down as it obstructs their view of my trees. Also the sub-division regulations require a 4' max. fence. Do I have any recourse?

You need to follow HOA rules/regulations. It doesn't matter what the neighbor's to the left and right of you think/thought/agreed to. They had NO AUTHORITY!!!

The rules are 4' fence NOT 6' fence.

You violated the HOA rules, now you must RECTIFY/COMPLY AT YOUR COST.

Scroffert

Yeah, that stinks.

You'll also probably need to put up some form of screen for the pool. Most states require a minimum height for fences around pools, otherwise you'll be strictly liable if (God forbid) any kid drowns in your attractive nuisance (pool). I would guess that minimum height is higher than 4 ft. Anyway, just something for you to check on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">