• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Right to road.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Niseyg123

What is the name of your state? NC

Hello everyone. Heres the deal. There are lots of private property bordering a lot in subdivision 1. My usband and I own one and my parents own the other. all of us co own the lot in the subdivision. We put in a road that connected our properties to the subdivision property. At one end, that road dead ends into another private road. that private road then leads to another sudivision 2. The homwoners Assoc. of sub 1 is having a cow b/c we have this road "that could be" accessed by sub 2 residents. They say we can't have a road there and that we cannot use the roads in sub. 1 . This makes no sense (that we cant use the roads) to me since we a property owners and pay dues in sub. 1.
It also doesn't seem like they could say well you can't connect your private property to your subdivision lot. Please advise. Can we have this road? I say the worst they could do is require us to put a gate up or something so that sub1 resdients who "could use it " wouldn't be able to.

THanks

JETX

Niseyg123 said:
Can we have this road
Far too complex for an online forum.... without the benefit of reviewing maps, documents, right of way, etc.
Talk to a local attorney who can do a proper review and advise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">