• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

boundry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dufus States!

dale fuselier said:
How Many years does it take for a property boundry to be final, unable to be contested in Louisiana.

My response:

You're asking about "Adverse Possession." Tell me, what's the situation with the land? What has been done with it? Has the adverse possessor paid property taxes on the land? How long has this been going on?

IAAL

Last edited:

dale fuselier

I purchased the property 10 years ago, shortly after, my neighbor complained he was short 2 feet on the southern boundry. There is an old fence line involved. now he threatens to plug a natural drain.

Dufus States!

dale fuselier said:
I purchased the property 10 years ago, shortly after, my neighbor complained he was short 2 feet on the southern boundry. There is an old fence line involved. now he threatens to plug a natural drain.

My response:

Now, re-read my initial response to you, and answer ALL the questions.

IAAL

dale fuselier

I built a home on the propety, taxes are not being paid on the proprty in question, have owned propety for ten years. the propety in question is the difference between old fence line and new

Dufus States!

dale fuselier said:
I built a home on the propety, taxes are not being paid on the proprty in question, have owned propety for ten years. the propety in question is the difference between old fence line and new

My response:

Who owns the property in question, you or the other person? Who is laying claim to the property? Who has been paying property taxes on the land, despite the "fence line"? Fence lines don't matter. What matters is the recorded plat/boundary lines.

Now, read this again and make sure you understand and answer my questions.

IAAL

dale fuselier

no one is claiming ownership, the only recorded plat is the one i submitted at purchase,no one is paying taxes on the questioned property.

Dufus States!

dale fuselier said:
no one is claiming ownership, the only recorded plat is the one i submitted at purchase,no one is paying taxes on the questioned property.
My response:

That's impossible. Land DOES NOT lay dormant. Someone is paying property taxes on that land. Check with your Title Company, or the County Recorder's Office. Find out who's paying the taxes based upon the recorded boundaries. Then, come back.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">