• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this a crime?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

whysper2000

I have a question.I am close friends with this couple.They seperated for a while. during that time he went out with a 16 yesr old ( he was 22 ) There was no sexual contant between them at all ever.He did however kiss this girl. He soon decided that she was to young for him and left her alone. Now this couple are back together they have a 5 year old daughter. She claims that he was legaly wrong for kissing this girl and coulde be prosicuted for it, and that she can bring this in to court and keep him away from his 5 year old daughter.I say he comited no crime. Is this a crime or can she take his child away from him we live in TN

LegalBeagle

whysper2000 said:
I have a question.I am close friends with this couple.They seperated for a while. during that time he went out with a 16 yesr old ( he was 22 ) There was no sexual contant between them at all ever.He did however kiss this girl. He soon decided that she was to young for him and left her alone. Now this couple are back together they have a 5 year old daughter. She claims that he was legaly wrong for kissing this girl and coulde be prosicuted for it, and that she can bring this in to court and keep him away from his 5 year old daughter.I say he comited no crime. Is this a crime or can she take his child away from him we live in TN
Kissing is not yet a crime.. It would only be Statutory rape in TN if the child was under 18 and penetration took place into the genital or anal openings of the victim's body.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">