• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can anyone answer this question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Resqur2

To make a long story short, I was recieving SSI benifits, And someone called and made false accusations, which stoped my SSI benifits. I have a hearing with SSI coming up in Jan, Which at that time they are giving me the name of the person that called in with all the Lies. This person has made me lose the house I was living in, and also made my childrens life difacult not being able to get them everything they need. I was wondering if anyone knew if I could sue this person? And would it be a fraud case or harrasment or what?
Ohh I'm from Michigan.

R

Resqur2

Ok I was getting SSI benifits, which I was in the process of getting started again. Someone called 3 times with differnt claims and said I was making $1000.00 a week, which I am NOT! And so my benifits were cut till I go to a hearing. In which I could not pay my rent. And could not buy the kids the clothes and things they needed for school. I do work, but it is not enough to support a familly of my size. I am a single mom.

LegalBeagle

Resqur2 said:
Ok I was getting SSI benifits, which I was in the process of getting started again. Someone called 3 times with differnt claims and said I was making $1000.00 a week, which I am NOT! And so my benifits were cut till I go to a hearing. In which I could not pay my rent. And could not buy the kids the clothes and things they needed for school. I do work, but it is not enough to support a familly of my size. I am a single mom.
Did you reveal or inform anyone at the agency that you were earning money ??.. did you declare the income on the applications etc ?

R

Resqur2

SSI

yes I did claim all money that I was making. I never lied to them about my income. So that matter will be cleared up in Jan. But this person has called 3 times now, and made differnt claims against me. And I do belive I know who it is, and she is just being vindictive.
But this person has totally lied to them about my income, which all I have to do is show SSI but everytime I get something cleared up with them, this person makes another false claim. So my question is, do i have any recorse that I can take on her? (yes I am almost 100% sure who it is, and will know in Jan)

JETX

In the event that you can PROVE the identity of the person making the false accusations, you can probably sue them for making false and malicious statements. Your damages will be the amount of benefits that you have lost, plus possible mental anguish and emotional suffering.

Additionally, they might be prosecuted by the 'Feds' for filing a false report (check with your hearing officer in January).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">