• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The finance company is a lemon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pumalady

What is the name of your state? California
I did not buy a lemon. In 2003 I bought a nissan. Wells Fargo has never sent me any paper work , billing statements or reciept of payments. They have however put my car in Bankruptcy (I filed, but did not include the car), kept three consecutive car payments (then repossesed it for not paying the note), not communicated with me at all accept to demand fees to reinstate contracts, now repossesed the car again (I'm getting the silent treatment). I was going to pay the car off, but I do not even know the pay off amount! I know nothing about the car. So my question is WHAT ARE MT RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER? I feel that Wells Fargo has been highly unethical, and they have concealed information regarding the car to their benefit. Now I am unable to look for a job. No transportation that is quick and reliable. I am a single mother of a minor child who needs transportation to and from everywhere!

seniorjudge

pumalady said:
What is the name of your state? California
I did not buy a lemon. In 2003 I bought a nissan. Wells Fargo has never sent me any paper work , billing statements or reciept of payments. They have however put my car in Bankruptcy (I filed, but did not include the car), kept three consecutive car payments (then repossesed it for not paying the note), not communicated with me at all accept to demand fees to reinstate contracts, now repossesed the car again (I'm getting the silent treatment). I was going to pay the car off, but I do not even know the pay off amount! I know nothing about the car. So my question is WHAT ARE MT RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER? I feel that Wells Fargo has been highly unethical, and they have concealed information regarding the car to their benefit. Now I am unable to look for a job. No transportation that is quick and reliable. I am a single mother of a minor child who needs transportation to and from everywhere!
You are saying that you filed bankruptcy and you have not paid for your car and it was repossessed, but you are unhappy. Why?

racer72

Read your original contract. When you filed for bankruptcy you violated the terms of that contract. No contract means the creditor can pretty much do what they want. You would be better off buying a different car.

pumalady

Finance company is a lemon

Thanks for the information. I am looking for another car. Meanwhile I haven't heard anything since they asked for the car back. This company has never given me any paper work since the purchase date. At least a year before the bankruptcy was filed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">