• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vicious neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

desousa69

What is the name of your state? MA
I own a very elongate and odd shape property lot which I only used the front end of property for residence. The backend is all in the woods. Six months ago, my backend neighbor approached me and offered to buy a few thousand square ft of my property next to their property with a ridiculous small amount of money. To give a idea of how ridiculous it is, we are talking about few hundred $ for a few thousands sq ft of land in Boston sub. I turn down this hostile offer immediately. It turns out this guy already built a few unlawful structures entirely on my property without my knowledge. I then asked my attorney send letter to ask him to remove these structures. He and his lawyer alleged that those structure had been there for more than 20 yrs and entitle them to claim adverse possession. These structures sure do not show up on my plot plan when I purchased the property 15 yrs ago. My question is that am I eligible to ask my title insurance company to fend off this false claim. Thanks in advance for any advices.What is the name of your state?

nextwife

desousa69 said:
What is the name of your state? MA
I own a very elongate and odd shape property lot which I only used the front end of property for residence. The backend is all in the woods. Six months ago, my backend neighbor approached me and offered to buy a few thousand square ft of my property next to their property with a ridiculous small amount of money. To give a idea of how ridiculous it is, we are talking about few hundred $ for a few thousands sq ft of land in Boston sub. I turn down this hostile offer immediately. It turns out this guy already built a few unlawful structures entirely on my property without my knowledge. I then asked my attorney send letter to ask him to remove these structures. He and his lawyer alleged that those structure had been there for more than 20 yrs and entitle them to claim adverse possession. These structures sure do not show up on my plot plan when I purchased the property 15 yrs ago. My question is that am I eligible to ask my title insurance company to fend off this false claim. Thanks in advance for any advices.What is the name of your state?
When you BOUGHT, did you provide the title insurer a current survey and have them remove the standard "survey exception?

A "plot plan" is NOT a current survey.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">