• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

incorrect information on property lines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

linj2060

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I recently bought a house on one acre of ground through a mortgage company. The owner and the real estate lady walked me around the property lines. The surrounding land is now going to be auctioned off and the properties have been surveyed. Unlike what I was led to believe my leach field goes into the adjoing property that will be sold in June - the same property that the owner and real estate lady told me was mine. Unfortunatly I never got a survey when I bought the property. I have spoke to the owner who seemed surprised to know that it is his property as he though it was mine. So**************he says don't worry I can leave the leach field there. I am worried about this and was looking for advice. He mentioned an easement but......any help out there??? ThanksWhat is the name of your state? Ohio

Last edited:

lwpat

Take your deed and purchase agreement to a real estate attorney. It will be cheaper than having to vacate the house becasue someone else makes you remove the leach field. You need to worry.

nextwife

If the owner is agreeable, get him to sign an easement agreement allowing the encroachment and then get the agreemnet recorded.. AS stated, use an attorney for this.

John Se

dont make a problem until there is a problem

and if you have to make a new leach field big deal, whats your place worth?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">