• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

boundary issues on existing property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arky

What is the name of your state? arkansas
i bought land 4 years ago and now discovered that my neighbor's rental house is partally on my property. neighbor wants the matter settled, he has property on both sides of me and does not want to exchange some of the property on the opposite side. he says he will just have to force me to do a quit title, is this possible" what are my responsibilities and rights in this matter?

Last edited:

lwpat

That will depend on your deed, his deed, how long the house has been there, etc. The problem is that you had inquiry notice of the problem when you purchased the land. You may have a better case against the person you purchased from.

arky

my state: ar
I was not aware the rental house was on my property at time of purchase. Now, after other adjacent property surveys, both my neighbor and myself are aware that the rental house is over the boundary on my property, and the neighbor has offered to buy the disputed property. The question, who's responsible for paying for surveys to correct the legal discription of my property after we agree to sell to neighbor?

arky

state: ar
Since last post, spoke to local attorney who told me that it will be the responsibility of the neighbor to pay for all surveys because he knew when he purchased the rental house several years ago that it was over the boundary line. Since I had no knowledge of a boundary issue at the time I purchased my land 4 years ago, I have no responsibilities! Sure hope he's right!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">