• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My boss is lying about what happened...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MrsAli

My boss is lying about what happened!!

Hi,I live in Kentucky. On 11/29/00 I was working as a server, I am the only server at my job and when I am there I have to move 100 miles per hour to get things done. On 11/29/00 I was leaving the bar area of my job after ringing up a customers check. I was walking toward the kitchen and when I went to go around the corner my boss was coming around at the same time. We almost ran into each other, my reaction as I was moving so fast was to jump to the right to avoid the collision,when I jumped to the right my right foot turned over on its side and all my weight shifted on it...my knee popped. I said to my manager "oh my god" did you hear my knee pop...she said yes. I went and sat down in the kitchen and a few minutes later she came in I told her that I was scrared and that I have never really had any kind of injury like this. She said you will probably need to wrap your knee. I ask if she had something I could wrap it with, she said no and she went home. I had to wait for my husband to come and pick me up. I went immediately to the emergency room told them how it had happened ..they did x-rays no broken bones, they said that is was probably sprained and to follow up with their workman's comp dr's the next day, I did and they said that they thought I had a torn MCL ligament. My boss called in an accident report and everything was going fine workman's comp was approving everything, they preapproved my MRI and the results came back I have a torn Meniscus and a torn MCL Ligament.. the day before my MRI WC had called and taken a statement from me, the adjudicator told me that there were conflicting stories and that they would have to further investigate my claim...Now my WC dr's office has notified me that they haven't been aproved yet by the WC insurance for an Orthopedic surgeon...What I am confused about is how can WC approve me all the way up to my MRI and after they get the results then do an investigation....once they approved me and I do have a claim number doesn't that mean that they have already admitted that they are responsible...Please Help ...if anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it..

[Edited by MrsAli on 12-15-2000 at 02:05 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">