• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I had 2 full time jobs with benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rockabilly

What is the name of your state? Indiana
I am a registered nurse (26 plus years) and was working two full time jobs with benefits that included long term disability at both jobs. I am now disabled. I have been receiving long term disability from both, I was told that I had to apply for Social security disability. I just received letters from each of the LTD insurers telling me that they will reduce my benefits by the amount that social security is paying. It is a no brainer to me that I am better off to keep receiving the benefits I am receiving and not get SSDI. When they both reduce there will be nothing left and especially when they take any back pay. Any suggestions out there?:confused: Know any lawyers in Indiana?What is the name of your state?

weenor

Who told you that? some long term disbility policies require that you apply, especially since the process is generally long and they are having to pay during that period.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">