• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

allimony/ support? in NEVADA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nani67

IF SOMEONE THAT DOES NOT WORK BUT HAS INCOME FROM SOCIAL SECURTIY DISABLITY AND FROM A MEDICAL MALPRACTICE SETTLEMENT (NOT TAXED), FILES FOR DIVORCE, DOES THAT PERSON HAVE TO PAY THE SPOUSE ANYTHING? (OH, AND THE PERSON FILING FOR DIVORCE HAS AN EIGHT YEAR OLD CHILD FROM A PREVIOUS MARRIAGE). DON'T KNOW IF THAT MEANS ANYTHING I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD ASK.

LegalBeagle

nani67 said:
IF SOMEONE THAT DOES NOT WORK BUT HAS INCOME FROM SOCIAL SECURTIY DISABLITY AND FROM A MEDICAL MALPRACTICE SETTLEMENT (NOT TAXED), FILES FOR DIVORCE, DOES THAT PERSON HAVE TO PAY THE SPOUSE ANYTHING? (OH, AND THE PERSON FILING FOR DIVORCE HAS AN EIGHT YEAR OLD CHILD FROM A PREVIOUS MARRIAGE). DON'T KNOW IF THAT MEANS ANYTHING I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD ASK.
Please use lower case in future.. Thanks.

8. In granting a divorce the court shall consider the need to grant alimony to a spouse for the purpose of obtaining training or education relating to a job, career or profession. In addition to any other factors the court considers relevant in determining whether such alimony should be granted, the court shall consider:

(a) Whether the spouse who would pay such alimony has obtained greater job skills or education during the marriage; and

(b) Whether the spouse who would receive such alimony provided financial support while the other spouse obtained job skills or education.

9. If the court determines that alimony should be awarded pursuant to the provisions of subsection 8:

(a) The court, in its order, shall provide for the time within which the spouse who is the recipient of the alimony must commence the training or education relating to a job, career or profession.

(b) The spouse who is ordered to pay the alimony may, upon changed circumstances, file a motion to modify the order.

(c) The spouse who is the recipient of the alimony may be granted, in addition to any other alimony granted by the court, money to provide for:

(1) Testing of the recipient's skills relating to a job, career or profession;

(2) Evaluation of the recipient's abilities and goals relating to a job, career or profession;

(3) Guidance for the recipient in establishing a specific plan for training or education relating to a job, career or profession;

(4) Subsidization of an employer's costs incurred in training the recipient;

(5) Assisting the recipient to search for a job; or

(6) Payment of the costs of tuition, books and fees for:

(I) The equivalent of a high school diploma;

(II) College courses which are directly applicable to the recipient's goals for his career; or

(III) Courses of training in skills desirable for employment.

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-125.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">