• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Malpractice- Filing Agreed orders no agreement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Illinois

As of March 31st I have fired my attorney, and have started interviewing new attorneys...After talking to several prospective attorney's I have come to find out that my former attorney had been screwing up since day one these attorney's were shocked to the point of when I tried to explain what was happening they thought I was lying until I showed them proof of what I was saying...They were blown away!...When child support was first entered (incorrectly in July of 2004) my former attorney stated that "don't worry this is only temporary and that it is easily fixed) come to find out my former attorney filed with a judges signature an AGREED Order for support without my signature and no authorization...I have letters before this court date from my former attorney stating that on this specific court date it was status, and I didn't need to be present and then a letter after this court date stating that this AGREED? order had been filed! Of course when this happened I called her immediately and told her that I didn't agree and she told me in writing that it was a temporary order and from that point on while we were trying ot FIX this temp order which I was assured over and over again was easily fixed(letters from this attorney now calling it a temp order and how we are going to correct this)...Needless to say I fired her on March 31st of 2006 and this easily fixed "temporary order" is still WRONG! Also, it was an Agreed order with no signatures and not in agreement by me.... my attorney was just sending me letters indicating it was temp not agreed..... Do I have any recourse for her tendering an agreed order to a judge without agreement and no signatures from either party?This agreement has cost me thousands to attempt to fix and now my ex is claiming to make 1/4 of the income now....

Also, she filed contempt petitions against my ex and due to the fact that she was not applying the law to those petitions (as far as the other party needing to respond so many days in advance to being held in contempt which he did not do) according to the attorneys I have talked to he should have been held in contempt (and ordered to pay my attorney's fees) because they didn't file answers but apparently didn't need to, because my attorney didn't know how to do her job... Also, she filed discovery requests that allow the other party 30 days to produce the documents but she gave them months before filing her motion to compel and even then according to the attorneys I have talked to she didn't even get all of the information she was requesting (business records) the only thing she got was his checking account info but she let the contempt drop off??? I was advised to talk to her first and if I didn't get the response I wanted (refund) then to contact the ARDC and a malpractice attorney (all of the attorney's I talked to recomended this course...I don't know how to go about that...What do I say to her? You don't know your job I want my money back? What? If you have any suggestions please advise...I spent over $7000.00 on representation that at best was incompetent!

Last edited:

...UPDATE: Never mind... I have talked to several malpractice attorneys in my area, and I am going to proceed with a lawsuit for damages caused by her incompetence, which I have been told is blatant, and they were shocked that an attorney handled my case...I have also been advised to file a formal complaint with the ARDC and have been told that due to the blatant incompetence she will be facing serious problems as will the other attorney for not reporting or trying to mitigate the damage? At this point I hope they disbar her, and the other attorney! Or at least suspend them for a period of time, so they have to contact every client they have as well as other attorney's they have dealt with in the last year...I hope she is mortified and fired from her firm...It will give me a little bit of peace…

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">