• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal malpractice suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

juliamiller

What is the name of your state? California

My fiancee has been wrongfully convicted of a crime in Shasta County, California. We have two attorneys that we want to file malpractice suits against for ineffective assistance of counsel. I realize that we cannot actually win this lawsuit until, due to the "actual innocence clause," he is exonerated on post conviction relief which has not happened yet and won't for awhile. However, I know that there is a one year statute of limitations to file a malpractice suit.

How do I need to proceed? Do I need to file the suit and then ask that it be pending his release? How do you file this kind of suit? I have no money, (because I spent it all on these two lawyers) ao for now i need to just get the documents filed to presreve our issue.

Thank you for any advice you can give me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">