• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disposal of tree cuttings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rnewman

What is the name of your state? California
My neighbor insists that any branches or bushes that overhang his yard should be trimmed by me. After I explained that it is his repsonsibility to trim anything that is either in or overhanging his yard he cut the branches from the bushes and trees and threw them over onto my property. Isn't his duty also to dispose of anything he cuts not dump his trash over into my yard?

IAAL-21

rnewman said:
My neighbor insists that any branches or bushes that overhang his yard should be trimmed by me. After I explained that it is his repsonsibility to trim anything that is either in or overhanging his yard he cut the branches from the bushes and trees and threw them over onto my property. Isn't his duty also to dispose of anything he cuts not dump his trash over into my yard?

My response:

Throw them back.

IAAL

PghREA

Yes, it is his responsibility but, but this is petty. Can't you just bundle them up and put them out for the garbage man.

BelizeBreeze

OR,
you add one stick each time you collect them and toss them over the fence.

He'll add one stick each time you collect them and toss them over the fence...

then you'll add one stick each time you collect them and toss them over the fence...

And eventually, one of you will win this little "Pick up sticks" game :D

MoneyShot

BelizeBreeze said:
OR,
you add one stick each time you collect them and toss them over the fence.

He'll add one stick each time you collect them and toss them over the fence...

then you'll add one stick each time you collect them and toss them over the fence...

And eventually, one of you will win this little "Pick up sticks" game
Add a 2x4 to the pile and you'll get extra points that way! :D

sperts

rnewman said:
but seriously I would think that is considered littering and illegal but once you call the cops then the mess starts. it is much easier to try to get along with your nieghbors maybe you could have offered too help?.(sorry but that is my smarmy opinion)

BelizeBreeze

sperts said:
but seriously I would think that is considered littering and illegal but once you call the cops then the mess starts. it is much easier to try to get along with your nieghbors maybe you could have offered too help?.(sorry but that is my smarmy opinion)
We did. Anything hanging over the property line is your responsibility. So cut the damn limbs and dispose of them. And if he throws things over your property line call the police and file trespassing and littering charges.

OR, just let them pile up and use them as a bonfire with a fan directing the smoke back at the idiot.

sperts

BelizeBreeze said:
We did. Anything hanging over the property line is your responsibility. So cut the damn limbs and dispose of them. And if he throws things over your property line call the police and file trespassing and littering charges.

OR, just let them pile up and use them as a bonfire with a fan directing the smoke back at the idiot.
actually i meant the o.p. should have maybe offered too help with the tree cleanup.:rolleyes: sorry for any confusion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">