• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor Gone Postal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sun81

What is the name of your state? Texas
I have posted threads off and on concerning my horrible neighbors. Yesterday, this situation went from being five years of nuissance, to a physical threat. Because I hit on my window to keep the neighbor's five year old from stepping on my flowers, the Father reacted like something you wouldn't expect. He came to my front door, and asked to speak to my husband, and was told he wasn't home. The neighbor then proceeded to talk trash, and told me to move my flowers off his property. I am keeping out the choice trash talk he used. The conversation got worse, at which my child out of concern walked into the room. I asked the neighbor to leave, and with that, he shoved his foot into my door. When I pushed on the door, he pushed back with force, and caught my arm, which hurt. I told him to leave, and he kept on yelling at me, telling me to get off his kids back, and that I was a psycho. Anyway, after a few more attempts, he now was half way into my house, still shoving my door into my face, and I was totally scared. I threatened to call the police, and he tells me to go ahead. My child dialed 911, and we both were crying and shaking at this point. After I tell 911 that I can't get the neighbor out of my house and he is scaring me and my child. He leaves. Yes, the police did come. But, he is only getting a warning not to trespass. So, after setting up the situation, here is the question. The flowers are infront of my garage, but are on my yard, but infront of the side of his privacy fence. He put his fence up about five inches away from my garage roof. My garage was built with my house over seventy years ago...so, it is "grandfathered" in. Do I not have the right to use the area infront of my garage, or because it is two feet onto his property, am I wrong? They have never maintained this odd two feet of area, and now after a year of having ten pots of flowers there, his brat kids want to climb over the fence right there, instead of using their front gate, five feet away on their property. He threatened to go throw out my flowers if I didn't move them. They have been there for over a year now,and they have never said anything before now. They also have a yard guy who mows and weed eats their yard...not once has he taken care of that area. The fence runs out about two feet past the end of my garage. And because of this...he went postal on me. And yes, I did have my property surveyed a few years ago, and he has also.
Thanks for any info.

HomeGuru

sun81 said:
I have posted threads off and on concerning my horrible neighbors. Yesterday, this situation went from being five years of nuissance, to a physical threat. Because I hit on my window to keep the neighbor's five year old from stepping on my flowers, the Father reacted like something you wouldn't expect. He came to my front door, and asked to speak to my husband, and was told he wasn't home. The neighbor then proceeded to talk trash, and told me to move my flowers off his property. I am keeping out the choice trash talk he used. The conversation got worse, at which my child out of concern walked into the room. I asked the neighbor to leave, and with that, he shoved his foot into my door. When I pushed on the door, he pushed back with force, and caught my arm, which hurt. I told him to leave, and he kept on yelling at me, telling me to get off his kids back, and that I was a psycho. Anyway, after a few more attempts, he now was half way into my house, still shoving my door into my face, and I was totally scared. I threatened to call the police, and he tells me to go ahead. My child dialed 911, and we both were crying and shaking at this point. After I tell 911 that I can't get the neighbor out of my house and he is scaring me and my child. He leaves. Yes, the police did come. But, he is only getting a warning not to trespass. So, after setting up the situation, here is the question. The flowers are infront of my garage, but are on my yard, but infront of the side of his privacy fence. He put his fence up about five inches away from my garage roof. My garage was built with my house over seventy years ago...so, it is "grandfathered" in. Do I not have the right to use the area infront of my garage, or because it is two feet onto his property, am I wrong? They have never maintained this odd two feet of area, and now after a year of having ten pots of flowers there, his brat kids want to climb over the fence right there, instead of using their front gate, five feet away on their property. He threatened to go throw out my flowers if I didn't move them. They have been there for over a year now,and they have never said anything before now. They also have a yard guy who mows and weed eats their yard...not once has he taken care of that area. The fence runs out about two feet past the end of my garage. And because of this...he went postal on me. And yes, I did have my property surveyed a few years ago, and he has also.
Thanks for any info.

**A: hire an attorney and get a TRO.

sun81

Neigbor Gone Postal

What type of lawyer though...civil, or real estate? And could you tell me what TRO is?
Thanks

sun81

Okay, went online and found what TRO is. I also see that there is also a restraining order that can be good for two years. Is that for a more serious problem?
Also, since he was issued only with a citation, does that gone on his record? This guy owns a business and I would like the community to know what kind of loser he is.
I am concerned that if I go file the restraining order, it will cause him to do more violent things. He really scares me, and my husband works on a oil rig, so he isn't always home.
The police officer really didn't think going with the citation was a good idea. He thought my neighbor might really go off.
Thanks

rsimplicio

Well, if you have a restraining order, he would not legally be allowed to either come on your property, or come withing NNN feet of you, or your front door, or something. That is all enforceable by the police, and something he could be arrested for (criminal tresspass, I think).

HappyHusband

sun81 said:
Thanks for any info.
Wow.
After forcing himself into your house and refusing to leave, he received a warning?
You are in TEXAS!!!!!!
You should have SHOT him!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">