• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boundary lines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

micktwee

What is the name of your state? Florida
I have done a lot of research on this matter but I just need some help on were to go now. We purchase a house almost nine years ago. We had never had any problems with the neighbors next door. This the third owner since we have lived hear. I have a permit that was done in April 1995 and approved by the county zoning department for an with and existing fence and were the new fence was going. Now they want us to move our fence. It has been there more than 11 years. I have done the research for adverse possesion, boundary by agreement and boundary by acquiescence. The statues state that if it has been there more than 7 years it has become permanent. Please help with this matter. They are also going to all the other neighbors in the neighborhood and talking about us. It has now come to our attention that it has even been brought in my place of business. If someone could give me guidance in this matter it would be greatly appreciated.

HomeGuru

micktwee said:
What is the name of your state? Florida
I have done a lot of research on this matter but I just need some help on were to go now. We purchase a house almost nine years ago. We had never had any problems with the neighbors next door. This the third owner since we have lived hear. I have a permit that was done in April 1995 and approved by the county zoning department for an with and existing fence and were the new fence was going. Now they want us to move our fence. It has been there more than 11 years. I have done the research for adverse possesion, boundary by agreement and boundary by acquiescence. The statues state that if it has been there more than 7 years it has become permanent. Please help with this matter. They are also going to all the other neighbors in the neighborhood and talking about us. It has now come to our attention that it has even been brought in my place of business. If someone could give me guidance in this matter it would be greatly appreciated.

**A: tell us about the survey that you ordered when you bought the property and the new one that you ordered recently.

micktwee

HomeGuru said:
**A: tell us about the survey that you ordered when you bought the property and the new one that you ordered recently.
All the surveys that have been pulled on the lot have showed that as part of our property. There is a section on the warranty deed that states "Subject to all easements, restrictions and reservations of record, if any, the mention of which herein shall not operate to reimpost the same." What does this mean?

rsimplicio

If it's on your property, your neighboor is just full of hot air. Unless they can produce (and you should get a copy if they can) a survey that shows that your fence is on their land, they have no legal leg to stand on. How do you get them to stop trash-talking you to the other neighboors? That's a question for the ages...

HomeGuru

micktwee said:
All the surveys that have been pulled on the lot have showed that as part of our property. There is a section on the warranty deed that states "Subject to all easements, restrictions and reservations of record, if any, the mention of which herein shall not operate to reimpost the same." What does this mean?

**A: you did not answer my specific questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">