• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LOST ATM DEPOSIT (CASH)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MOMMOSHOME

Lost ATM Money (Cash)-Pennsylvania

My husband deposited over$500 in an ATM machine (not our bank) in his office building. It was never credited to our account. He spoke with Bank Personnel several times over about 4 months and they kept tellinging him they were looking into it. About this time He asked to speak to a manager, who then advised hime He had to go to his banksincere that's where the MAC envelope was headed and that his bank was responsible. We went to our bank and they said they are only responsible for the first 100 days and since we came to them on day 104, they are not legally responsible. But since we were dealing with the first bank within the first 100 days, we should go back to them. We haven't been back yet, but we have the feeling they are going to tell us again that it's not their jurisdiction and that we have to go to our financial institution. It's been over 7 months, we don't have the MAC receipt, We aren't sure of the exact amount except that it's between $500-600. Any advice? What are our legal rights? Would this be considered small claims?

[Edited by MOMMOSHOME on 12-16-2000 at 08:31 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Do you see that writing in RED up there? Without your State name, or the name of the State where the problem happened, it would be difficult to assist you. Laws are different everywhere.

Also, please help us to help you. To help us, please take your Cap Lock off and re-type your post. This will help to increase your chances for a response to your post. We thank you for your kind cooperation.

IAAL

JETX

I assume that you have figured out that the errors that you made in this ATM deposit (not your bank, no receipt, no idea of amount, etc.).

My suggestion would be to gather as much WRITTEN information as possible (names, dates, conversations, etc.) and try to resolve this with the institution that owns the ATM. After all, they got your money. Ask for all deposit accounts from that machine on that day, was the ATM over-balance??? Where is YOUR money???? At the same time, talk with your bank, again asking the procedures, etc. for getting your money that was deposited to another ATM.

When you get the documentation together, send a letter to both banks with a copy to your state banking commission. Demand that they investigate and find out where YOUR money is. Pursue this until you either get your money, or are satisfied that it cannot be resolved. If it gets to that, consider it a $500 education!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">