• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment/Blackballed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jimmytax

I work in a department that has 3 non-degreed divorced women, and me. I am degreed and have been in this department for 4 years. I have alot of experience in the work I do (taxes). I have fun at work because I'm required to work 10 hour days with only an hour lunch. I came from another department that has 3 degreed men. My boss is looked upon by other managers including my ex-boss, as an idiot. He is not well liked and a lot of people have always expressed to me how they like me and do not like the women I work with or my current boss. For one they are always having to take off because of their kids. I have always been sympathetic to that because I make my wife take off her job to get the kids if they're sick. Only because I make a lot more, but I take off every once in awhile too. I get a lot of visitors outside my dept. come and visit me and not the rest of the dept. Frankly, most of the company and me don't have much in common with my co-workers. I'm in an accounting dept. so most of us our looked at as dorks, however, I have overcome that profile and have many friends. Well now I'm being accused of sexual harassment for the 2nd time in a year and a half. they are going to suspend me for 2 selected days, of their choice, w/o pay. I'm kind of seething because I feel the only reason they are bringing these charges against me is because I laugh at work alot more than they do and have fun. I have to, I work 10 hours and have far more responsibility than these 3 women. They get to go home an hour earlier than me. Yet I sit in quadrangle cube setting with them. I feel I'm at a terrible disadvantage and have been for a long time but have accepted that. Now the women are complaining about me and bringing sexual harassment against me. The company seems to be on their side. Why and what can I do? Can anybody help me? Thanks.

[Edited by jimmytax on 12-16-2000 at 12:36 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">