• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fishing anyone?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NEindianaman

What is the name of your state? Indiana

My father lives in somewhat of an upscale homewoners community that featurea a retention pond behind his property. People have begun fishing off the back side of his property claiming that it was easement, therefore leagal. Is this true? He had to pay extra $ for this lot, now it appears he could have used the acces for free. This seems kind of strange, especially considering that sometimes these people leave stuff, take their shirts off, and overall take away the value of the view. Afterall, he did not buy the lot to look outside his back window to see an overweight man, with his 3 kids, fishing and eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Someone please give me and my father some good news!

BelizeBreeze

NEindianaman said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana

My father lives in somewhat of an upscale homewoners community that featurea a retention pond behind his property. People have begun fishing off the back side of his property claiming that it was easement, therefore leagal. Is this true?
If there is, in fact, an easement for other than ingress/egress then it depends on the exact wording of the easement.
He had to pay extra $ for this lot, now it appears he could have used the acces for free. This seems kind of strange, especially considering that sometimes these people leave stuff, take their shirts off, and overall take away the value of the view. Afterall, he did not buy the lot to look outside his back window to see an overweight man, with his 3 kids, fishing and eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Someone please give me and my father some good news!
The good news is your father has the ability to take the easement/deed to a real estate attorney for his/her opinion on options.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">