• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Replica" Rolex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PHLEX

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Not knowing that it was illegal to sell a "replica" Rolex in the United States, I foolishly posted an online auction for a "fake" Rolex that I purchased while in NYC.

Well, right after I posted the auction, it was taken down and the watch never sold. I was VERY happy about that - as I am now aware that selling a "replica" or "fake" Rolex in the U.S.A. is illegal.

However, Gibney, Anthony & Flaherty, LLP, the firm for Rolex sent me both an e-mail and letter requesting the following:

(1) surrender all counterfeit Rolex goods in your possession, custody or control;
(2) provide the identity of the source of the counterfeit Rolex goods; and
(3) make payment to “Rolex Watch U.S.A., Inc.” by bank or certified check, or money
order, for all damages and costs incurred by Rolex in connection with your illegal
conduct, in the amount of $300USD.

I am further threatened here:

"You are on notice of Rolex’s position and protest in this matter. We reserve the right to
take any and all appropriate further action. We await an immediate response from you or your counsel."

While I would be HAPPY to send them the watch and provide the source I bought it from (a guy on the streets of NYC), my question is: am I forced to pay them the $300? If I am, what would happen if I did not?

THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL HELP!!!

HomeGuru

PHLEX said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

Not knowing that it was illegal to sell a "replica" Rolex in the United States, I foolishly posted an online auction for a "fake" Rolex that I purchased while in NYC.

Well, right after I posted the auction, it was taken down and the watch never sold. I was VERY happy about that - as I am now aware that selling a "replica" or "fake" Rolex in the U.S.A. is illegal.

However, Gibney, Anthony & Flaherty, LLP, the firm for Rolex sent me both an e-mail and letter requesting the following:

(1) surrender all counterfeit Rolex goods in your possession, custody or control;
(2) provide the identity of the source of the counterfeit Rolex goods; and
(3) make payment to “Rolex Watch U.S.A., Inc.” by bank or certified check, or money
order, for all damages and costs incurred by Rolex in connection with your illegal
conduct, in the amount of $300USD.

I am further threatened here:

"You are on notice of Rolex’s position and protest in this matter. We reserve the right to
take any and all appropriate further action. We await an immediate response from you or your counsel."

While I would be HAPPY to send them the watch and provide the source I bought it from (a guy on the streets of NYC), my question is: am I forced to pay them the $300? If I am, what would happen if I did not?

THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL HELP!!!

**A: probably nothing.

PHLEX

Should I send the watch to them?

I replied to the first e-mail letting them know I'd be happy to send back the watch but I wouldn't pay the $300.

I've received 2 e-mails/letters from them so far.

Any idea what would happen if they sue me?

movadoman5

Ignore them. No one can sue you for $300 especially out of state. They are just trying to scare you and make some extra bucks.

yellow1

I am curios. Whatever happen to this case? I also just got one from Gibney, Anthony & Flaherty, LLP as well for selling a fake rolex on ebay in which I bought a couple of weeks prior on ebay as well. That is the exact letter I got************** I would appreciate someone chiming in further on this issue.

Thanks in advance...

Just Blue

I am curios. Whatever happen to this case? I also just got one from Gibney, Anthony & Flaherty, LLP as well for selling a fake rolex on ebay in which I bought a couple of weeks prior on ebay as well. That is the exact letter I got************** I would appreciate someone chiming in further on this issue.

Thanks in advance...
Start your own thread.

andy_snovell

Counterfeit NFL Jerseys

Hi, I received a letter from the same law firm advising me that the Jerseys I bought were fakes. Not knowing this, I surrendered the jerseys I had left, gave the name of the vendor I bought them from. The letter I received demanded that I sent 450.00. It seems this firm is busy suing people when they should be going after the company that sells these. I also received an email today reiterating there stand, and that I am on their sh&t list so to speak. Should I be worried? Andy

Antigone*

Hi, I received a letter from the same law firm advising me that the Jerseys I bought were fakes. Not knowing this, I surrendered the jerseys I had left, gave the name of the vendor I bought them from. The letter I received demanded that I sent 450.00. It seems this firm is busy suing people when they should be going after the company that sells these. I also received an email today reiterating there stand, and that I am on their sh&t list so to speak. Should I be worried? Andy
Why the heck are you reviving a thread from 2007. :mad: Next time please start your own thread.

You only have to worry if you don't send them the money.

DAD10

Live and Let Die-

yeah slightly old as in almost 4 yrs. A bunch of grapes could now be a good bottle of wine LOL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">