• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

More on AME appointment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sprt4pat

The following is more information on an earlier post about my upcoming scheduled AME (Agreed Medical Examination) appointment.

After my injury, the Dr. was under the impression that it was a problem with my rotater cup being torn or stretched out. I had several cortazone shots with no improvement. My Dr. then scheduled an MRI and the growth was found, but it has never been determined what exactly it is. Shortly after, my surgery was scheduled for September 1 and between that time I went (at my cost) to any Dr. for a second opinion. This Dr. said that he also felt surgery needed to be done as soon as possible to repair the injury and remove the growth to determine what if anything it was.

The day before surgery, my Dr. pulled out with a telephone call to me saying that he didn't have enough information about the growth and was concerned that it might be cancerous and refused to operate. Since then, nothing from my Dr. or workman's comp.

WC is not disputing the injury but is the growth and if it was caused by the injury. I have also seen a Dr. appointed by WC and the conclusion was the same as above - do the surgery.

Now, months later out of the blue, this letter comes last week. The pain is still constant but in the shoulder area and not under the arm where the growth was found. I talked to my attorney who said the reason for the appointment was to see the degree of permanent disability and to see if any further medical treatment is needed.

Where do I go from here? I plan to go to the set appointment, but I wonder since my wife just went to work at a medical facility and has full covered medical benefits. If maybe I should go and been seen there, get another Dr's opinion and work out the details later with WC through my attorney.

L

LadyBlu

sprt4pat said:
The following is more information on an earlier post about my upcoming scheduled AME (Agreed Medical Examination) appointment.

After my injury, the Dr. was under the impression that it was a problem with my rotater cup being torn or stretched out. I had several cortazone shots with no improvement. My Dr. then scheduled an MRI and the growth was found, but it has never been determined what exactly it is. Shortly after, my surgery was scheduled for September 1 and between that time I went (at my cost) to any Dr. for a second opinion. This Dr. said that he also felt surgery needed to be done as soon as possible to repair the injury and remove the growth to determine what if anything it was.

The day before surgery, my Dr. pulled out with a telephone call to me saying that he didn't have enough information about the growth and was concerned that it might be cancerous and refused to operate. Since then, nothing from my Dr. or workman's comp.

WC is not disputing the injury but is the growth and if it was caused by the injury. I have also seen a Dr. appointed by WC and the conclusion was the same as above - do the surgery.

Now, months later out of the blue, this letter comes last week. The pain is still constant but in the shoulder area and not under the arm where the growth was found. I talked to my attorney who said the reason for the appointment was to see the degree of permanent disability and to see if any further medical treatment is needed.

Where do I go from here? I plan to go to the set appointment, but I wonder since my wife just went to work at a medical facility and has full covered medical benefits. If maybe I should go and been seen there, get another Dr's opinion and work out the details later with WC through my attorney.
I would, go see another Dr to get a dagnosis about the growth. If it is cancerous you do not want to jeopardize your life for the sake of proving this is a WC injury. WC insurer can also drag this out for a very very long time, and your life is worth more then that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">