• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem with neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

xp

We have a problem with our neighbor. They complained a couple of times that they get cooking odor and we are trying to accomodate them by opening the windows, etc. Apparently this is a problem with the builder who built the townhomes (the air ducts may be leaky causing odor exchange). Once they were loudly banging drums, which disturbed us and we called them it was disturbing. Now, every time we cook they bang drums loudly and pound on our walls. We are trying every we can by opening windows, shutting off the heater, closing vents, etc even though it is very cold out, etc. But they are not understanding and we feel we are harassed. Any ideas on what we should do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

xp said:
We have a problem with our neighbor. They complained a couple of times that they get cooking odor and we are trying to accomodate them by opening the windows, etc. Apparently this is a problem with the builder who built the townhomes (the air ducts may be leaky causing odor exchange). Once they were loudly banging drums, which disturbed us and we called them it was disturbing. Now, every time we cook they bang drums loudly and pound on our walls. We are trying every we can by opening windows, shutting off the heater, closing vents, etc even though it is very cold out, etc. But they are not understanding and we feel we are harassed. Any ideas on what we should do?
My response:

Yes, use Oregano instead of Garlic. Oregano has a mild aroma that brings out the flavor of good food. Oregano creates a "Fiesta of Flavor" for that discriminating palate. Also, I like to use "Pam" instead of butter when pan cooking. No fumes and, I must admit, fewer calories without loss of flavor.

There are also many wonderful freeze-dried foods that don't require cooking at all - - just add hot water and voila !! A complete 8 course turkey dinner in about 10 minutes. Of course, you'll be excited when you discover that all you have to do is squeeze each course from a tube into your mouth, and you don't even need plates. No fuss, no muss.

Have you tried cooking in a different room each night ? You know, you can add your own "spice" and zest to make a wonderful meal even more of an adventure when cooking in the bathroom. All you need is a hot plate or two, and you have all that counter space to use. There's more to a toilet than being just a toilet. The toilet seat lid makes a cozy "table for two", and teaches your husband to "keep the seat down". And, the best part is the clean up - - just open the lid, scrape everything into the toilet, and flush. All gone.

Make cooking an event; make it exciting !

It's a good thing.

Martha

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">