• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sheesh! Roofer headache.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daarnio

What is the name of your state? Florida

Got home from work yesterday and found a huge dent in the fender and hood of my wifes car. The Roofing contractor working on my neighbors house left a heavy, homemade, wooden ladder on the side of his house and the wind blew it over onto the vehicle. The Contractor will not return my call. I have sent a letter and pics to him via fax and certified mail. I talked with the estimator on the neighbors contract via his cell and he said "Not my company....call the office". I do not want to call my insurance because I know they'll get it fixed quickly and I'll have to pay the deductable. Then I'll have probably a 50% chance of getting it back ,not to mention potential rate increases. From what I see on the BBB reports for the roofer, they are not in good standing for "failure to respond". What other aveneues to fix the problem exist? Should I ask my neighbor for his home owners ins.? Do those policies cover damages like this? They are good people and I don't want to have this make sour relations between us, however, I want my property fixed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">