• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this harassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dme

Pennslyvania

just wondering if this would be considerd harassment. A man I work with was asking where I went on break and I found out the next day he went looking for me, he is not a boss but incharge sometimes. I have talked to my boss about this man before and I do not abused breaks, boss agrees. Apparently the boss talking to him has not helped, would this be considered harassment? Thank you.

mitousmom

BelizeBreeze said:
Wouldn't a better question be "WHO" did you do on your break???
Can you give us a break? Not everything is about sex. I understand that there are plenty of forums in cyberspace devoted to such matters. I'm sure that you will find many posters there who will be happy to fill you in on their activities on break and elsewhere. Can we try to keep this one on topic?

Thanks

BelizeBreeze

mitousmom said:
Can you give us a break? Not everything is about sex. I understand that there are plenty of forums in cyberspace devoted to such matters. I'm sure that you will find many posters there who will be happy to fill you in on their activities on break and elsewhere. Can we try to keep this one on topic?

Thanks
Can you kiss my grits?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
To the OP: Based SOLELY on the information you have provided, no, this is not considered harassment.

If you have additional details that you believe would change the answer, feel free to post them.

dme

Is this harassment

Thank you for the imput. We are to tell "someone" when we leave our area. I always do. I had told the person next to me I was going to the restroom, getting a coffee, and returning a phone call. When I returned I was told they were looking for me. I confronted them and ask if they had a probllem with me going to the bathroom? They said, noone was covering your area. I told them my area was covered, and they have no right to question me. They replied, they do. I told them then they can watch my area, and left for the evening. I called my boss first thing in the morning, things were fine with her as far as my leaving. She told me they said I was gone over 25 min., I can prove I was gone 10 min and 17 sec., according to my phone call. This one man has caused me problems more then once. I really feel he has issues concerning females and doing a job he can do. I have spoken (chain of comand) many times. Both his boss and mind have talked to him, things will be okay for awhile then he starts again, (2 yrs.) Comments, redoing my work, etc. I have always just ignored the above, but looking for me, that put me over the edge. I plan on talking to both bosses Mon. morning and giving them the option of scheduleing me opposite him. I have good standing with all the other employees (they have told me in the last few days), and also the customers (many have sent letters to the head office). Maybe I am wrong, but for anyone to go looking for someone, without just cause, just seems over the top. This is the first (that I know of) that I was followed. Had he ask me, instead of others I would have told him, I had nothing to hide. Hope this more info. sheds extra light on my question. Thank you again for your input.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sorry, but none of the additional details transforms this into a case of harassment, illegal or otherwise.

dme

Thank you cbg. I guess the only recourse I have, after talking to both bosses Mon. conserning scheduling is to leave a job I love for the sake of my peace of mind.

dme

You needed more info. on my message now I would like more on your reply. Please explain how I am over-reacting.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Someone went looking for you while you were on a break and because of that you want to quit a job you love? If that's not overreacting, what is?

dme

then you feel, he was just in looking for me, for no reason but his own satisfaction and male ego, and after 2 years of putting up with him just being plain nasty I should continue to walk on egg shells, instead of avoiding further contact with him. How would you feel if you were being watch and followed, to the bathroom no less. I could have given him a thrill if that is what he wanted. Just so you know, not that it should make a difference, I have been in the workplace for 35 years, so as you can guess, I am not a teen just starting out.I also work with the public and feel they do not need to suffer shortness from me because of one idiot man that thinks he is above all. And yes, I do love my job, that is why I would leave, its called putting other people before me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">