• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

President of my Company?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CB2002

What is the name of your state? Arizona.

I was giving an HR presentation this week and someone in the group brought up non-compete agreements and I said that I have heard they are hard to enforce in Arizona. Well the President of the company I work for got pissed and said if a mention non-compete agreements again he was going to cut my nuts off. All of this was done in front of my colleagues and I am very embarrassed. What can I do I can't face my co-workers now. And I have lost face and fell scared for my job. I should also note that this company does not view HR as a legitimate function and treats women differently than men.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your president acted unprofessionally but he did not violate any laws. And to be quite frank with you, if that embarassed you sufficiently that you now "can't face your colleagues", you'd better develop a thicker skin or you aren't going to make it in HR.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">