• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hurt and Confused?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tony-V

:( What is the name of your state? New York

I found out in February of this year that a Co-worker that I was involved with was seeing multuiple women in addition to myself. I cared for him very deeply and when I found out I was very Hurt. I felt that initially he pursued me and was very pushy in pursuing a relationship with me. He did force the intimacy part. I did report him to my HR for Sexual Harassment because I told him to leave me alone and he refused. He continued to send me Sexually Provocative emails and Photos and continually telephoned me. Many people within my department feel he was granted certain benefits because he was sleeping with women in Management also. This guy is "SLIME" , however he is still employed by the company. It is painful and distracting to have to look at him every day after all the trouble he has caused. This Guy has threatened to sue the Company if they fire him for "Wrongful Termination" if he is fired. The Company is well aware of what this Guy is and what he is all about, I believe they do wish to get rid of him, but have not done so up to this point. No one in the department likes him and do not trust him at ALL. Internal investigations have been ongoing with this person and he has received several written warnings for violating company rules. It is also RUMORED that this Guy is trying to cook up some scheme to collect disability from the Company claiming some neck or back injury. The Company does feel though that he has Psychological problems. Why could it be that the Company has not fired him up to this point?? I work within the Banking Industry, I would think they would try to protect their reputation?? Can someone share some opinions with me?? Thank you.

Last edited:

mitousmom

Is the guy still sending you "sexually provocative emails and photos and continually" telephoning you after you reported him? If he's not and is no longer bothering you, the company has met its obligation as far as your allegation of sexual harassment is concerned.

I'm not sure what you mean by the statement "He did force the intimacy part." If you are accusing him of rape, you need to contact the local police. If he was simply persistent and you entered into a consensual sexual relationship with someone you " cared for . . . very deeply," and later learned that he was a Lothario, I can understand that you are upset, but it's not your employer's responsibility to keep you from making regrettable choices in romantic partners or to remove temptation or painful reminders from your path.

Some companies forbid employees from dating or having relationships. Apparently, your employer doesn't have such a policy or doesn't enforce it. That is to your benefit. Had it needed to take disciplinary action, you would be just as guilty of violating the policy as he was. You both would have been disciplined.

The company may not agree with your assessment that he is "slime;" may find that he is a valuable employee in spite of being "slime; he's being protected by somebody; they are immobilized by his threats; or a zillion other reasons for not firing him. Who knows? Maybe a decision to terminate him will follow the investigations he's undergoing. Nonetheless, if he is no longer engaging in behavior that you consider sexual harassment, whether the employer fires him or allows him to remain is between him and his employer.

BelizeBreeze

Tony-V said:
:( What is the name of your state? New York

I found out in February of this year that a Co-worker that I was involved with was seeing multuiple women in addition to myself. I cared for him very deeply and when I found out I was very Hurt. I felt that initially he pursued me and was very pushy in pursuing a relationship with me. He did force the intimacy part. I did report him to my HR for Sexual Harassment because I told him to leave me alone and he refused. He continued to send me Sexually Provocative emails and Photos and continually telephoned me. Many people within my department feel he was granted certain benefits because he was sleeping with women in Management also. This guy is "SLIME" , however he is still employed by the company. It is painful and distracting to have to look at him every day after all the trouble he has caused. This Guy has threatened to sue the Company if they fire him for "Wrongful Termination" if he is fired. The Company is well aware of what this Guy is and what he is all about, I believe they do wish to get rid of him, but have not done so up to this point. No one in the department likes him and do not trust him at ALL. Internal investigations have been ongoing with this person and he has received several written warnings for violating company rules. It is also RUMORED that this Guy is trying to cook up some scheme to collect disability from the Company claiming some neck or back injury. The Company does feel though that he has Psychological problems. Why could it be that the Company has not fired him up to this point?? I work within the Banking Industry, I would think they would try to protect their reputation?? Can someone share some opinions with me?? Thank you.
Did your "Involvement" come after you complained to management or before?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">