• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ask neighbor to trim their tree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cwang

What is the name of your state? IL

My back yard neighbor has a very big tree on their yard corner to mine and the tree coves about a quarter of my yard. Because the tree is south of my yard, my lawn doesn't grow well. Can I find any related law and I can tell them to trim the tree not cover my yard? Thanks,What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

cwang said:

My back yard neighbor has a very big tree on their yard corner to mine and the tree coves about a quarter of my yard. Because the tree is south of my yard, my lawn doesn't grow well. Can I find any related law and I can tell them to trim the tree not cover my yard? Thanks,What is the name of your state?
Tell your neighbor that he is trespassing on your land.

Then tell him to cut the branches of the tree on your land.

(Be nice.)

BelizeBreeze

cwang said:

Any branches overhanging your yard you have the legal right to trim yourself. Do so.

cwang

If I trim it. I have to disposal. right? Please tell me the law link then I can read and decide what I should do.

Thanks.

seniorjudge

cwang said:
If I trim it. I have to disposal. right? Please tell me the law link then I can read and decide what I should do.

Thanks.
Let me rephrase this:

Google is your friend.

illinois trespass trees

seniorjudge said:
Let me rephrase this:

Google is your friend.

illinois trespass trees
Don’t be silly!! Why should the poster actually have to exert any energy to research their problem when there is a legal site that purports to be free!

FLMommy

Oh, and if your neighbor refuses, you can actually present them with the bill for getting the tree trimmed (the stuff hanging over your property) and all...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">