• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sensitivity Training

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nofanofhr

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My employer asked me to attend sensitivity training after an employee that they asked me to fire for performance issues lambasted me in her exit interview. The disgruntled ex-employee made several accusations about my "insensitive" comments towards others, and all but the most minor complaints were dismissed after a lenghty investigation. The company demands that I pay for the training, although I suspect that the main reason for requiring the training is to cover their own liability in the event of a future occurence. I am getting pressure to arrange the training, which I have not been able to find for much less than $2,000. The company provided one option, but it is with an individual who happens to be a former client of mine and I am not comfortable with using him for personal reasons, although my supervisor thinks that I should.

I am willing to attend training, but i think that the company should bear the cost. Do I have any rights in this regard? If the company insists that I pay, do I have the right to arrange the training on my own terms (i.e., time, place, cost)?

pattytx

If it is mandatory, they should pay for it. If it is just "recommended", they may or may not. Problem is, there isn't really any law I know of that addresses this one way or the other. This is just my opinion, you understand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">