• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have his client files.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Epiphany

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Husband moved out and left a good number of client files here at home. He has no idea which files are here and has made no attempt to come and get the files. Can anyone tell me what the implications for him are, if any? Do I have any responsibility for these files?

seniorjudge

Epiphany said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

Husband moved out and left a good number of client files here at home. He has no idea which files are here and has made no attempt to come and get the files. Can anyone tell me what the implications for him are, if any? Do I have any responsibility for these files?
Post this question in one of the nine other threads you have started; preferably in a thread that explains what you are talking about.

Epiphany

Left out some pertinent information.....my apologies

seniorjudge said:
Post this question in one of the nine other threads you have started; preferably in a thread that explains what you are talking about.
My husband is an attorney, and moved out in March. A dissolution has either been filed or will be soon. He left various client files here at the house (both active and closed). Do I have any responsibility for the maintenance of these files? I have reminded him several times that the files are here, and he has made no attempt to make arrangements to retrieve them. If he doesn't come and get them, what should I do with them?

seniorjudge

Epiphany said:
My husband is an attorney, and moved out in March. A dissolution has either been filed or will be soon. He left various client files here at the house (both active and closed). Do I have any responsibility for the maintenance of these files? I have reminded him several times that the files are here, and he has made no attempt to make arrangements to retrieve them. If he doesn't come and get them, what should I do with them?

If you want your husband to lose his law license, then report him to the state bar.

rmet4nzkx

How about boxing them up and taking them to his office, place of residence or arrange for storage and give him the key and passcode?
edit After glancing at your prior posts, take them to one of the attorneys who had a steep retainer, as the retainer,

Last edited:

Epiphany

Ever tried divorcing an Attorney....

rmet4nzkx said:
But then she wil have a harder time with her divorce settlement.;)
The big assumption in that statement is that he is being reasonable about anything. There is nothing easy about this....he is being less than nice about anything and everything he can't control. He chose this path (moved in with his paralegal), I did not.

seniorjudge

Epiphany said:
The big assumption in that statement is that he is being reasonable about anything. There is nothing easy about this....he is being less than nice about anything and everything he can't control. He chose this path (moved in with his paralegal), I did not.
I have not read any of the other posts you wrote, but if you want any money out of this bum, don't screw around with his license.

If you don't care whether you get any money, then report him to the state bar.

rmet4nzkx

Since he hasn't filed for divorce you better file first and also file your taxes under innocent spouse go to the IRS site for details.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">