• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

undeveloped film

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blessed0300

undeveloped Roll

Hi:

This past January, my friend and I served witness to my friend and her boyfriend who was getting married in court, we both had cameras (one belonging to the bride, and the other to me) the roll of films was provided by the bride. My friend and I took some exposures and since the roll of film in my camera was not finished I decided to hang on to it and use to unused portion of the roll for other things, which was quite ok with the bride.

From since July of this year, the bride and I are not friends any more, but I promised to have the film developed and the portion of her pictures returned to her. Right now she is making threats to take me to court for the roll of film.

My question is, should I charge her for my time and the use of my camera for taking the picture?
Is she entitled to the roll of film even if there are shots
of a personal nature of my family in the roll of film?
I am not entitled to develop the film at my own leisure since they are in my camera?

Thank you for taking the time out to answer these question.

It is easy to say just give her the roll of film and be done with it, but she attended my wedding and took pictures of me and the groom, and refused to give me the pictures. I ask for it time and time again, and she never gave it to me.

So why should I just give her the roll of film and the negative when she refused to give back mines. My pictures are just as important to me as hers is to her.

Blessed0300

[Edited by blessed0300 on 12-17-2000 at 12:29 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

blessed0300 said:
Hi:

This past January, my friend and I served witness to my friend and her boyfriend who was getting married in court, we both had cameras (one belonging to the bride, and the other to me) the roll of films was provided by the bride. My friend and I took some exposures and since the roll of film in my camera was not finished I decided to hang on to it and use to unused portion of the roll for other things, which was quite ok with the bride.

From since July of this year, the bride and I are not friends any more, but I promised to have the film developed and the portion of her pictures returned to her. Right now she is making threats to take me to court for the roll of film.

My question is, should I charge her for my time and the use of my camera for taking the picture?
Is she entitled to the roll of film even if there are shots
of a personal nature of my family in the roll of film?
I am not entitled to develop the film at my own leisure since they are in my camera?

Thank you for taking the time out to answer these question.

Blessed0300
My response:

Oh, please.

Just give her the damn pictures and negatives. Be done with it.

IAAL

JETX

Sheeess..... talk about petty squabbles....

Why don't you both agree to meet in a well lighted public location (maybe an IHOP!!) and exchange the pictures. Be sure that both of you include the negatives so that you can't blackmail each other in the future.... either that or use an intermediary (since you apparently can't talk with each other) and have him/her exchange the pictures.

After that, both of you need to grow up and get on with life.

PS: I have been much more tolerant on this issue than normal since I know the importance of wedding pictures.. but both of you need to grow up!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">