• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor Harrasment??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

taniamariella

What is the name of your state? PA

I rent a townhouse in PA. I've lived there about 3 years now and have been having occaisonal problems with my neighbors. They aren't very nice people I guess to say.... The parents don't appear to keep an eye on the kids or anything. But, to get to the point, a couple of weeks ago the kids were playing in the parking lot. (Not their property. I haven't gone to look up the deed yet as it is being fought over) They were playing baseball and cars were getting hit and the one boy was throwing rocks. One of my other neighbors told them to leave and go back in their own yard and they didn't. They wouldn't and yelled at him. So I went down and told them to leave as we were tired of our property being ruined and trash left all over the parking lot. Their parents come out and start yelling. I start yelling back. The mother yells "Do you want me to kick your A** " And I replied F**K you. I flipped them off and walked back to my house to call the landlord.

They called the cops. (I never left my property or anything.) The police were RUDE when they came out and didn't care about past problems with these kids even though police have been called there several times due to the group that hangs out there.

The police gave me a citation for harrasment. Is that really considered harrasment?? Telling someone to F**K off? I figured her comment would be the harrasing one as she threatened to do something. But as I called my landlord and not the police, they didn't seem to care. I don't think I should have to pay $279 for this problem but I also wanted to know what my chances would be in court.

Thanks!

read my dilema

I am amazed that you got a citation for harrassment. If you read the one entitled crazy neighbor, just a few spaced down, after all of that, I was told that there was nothing we could do. This man used every bit of foul language imaginable and threatened my husband to a fight. Read the reply's we got. I wish you luck. It sucks living next to horrible people. At least you are renting, we are stuck here

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">