• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Neighbor has painted my wall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

josepro918@hotm

What is the name of your state? Texas

I built a colored cinder block fence around my property(3 sides). Early last year my back neighbor took it upon herself to paint my block fence. She is the property manager for the condos that are in back of my property. This fence was built entirely inside my property lines, with a few inches to spare, . I payed for this fence with no help from them. I spoke to her and she said she had the right to paint the fence since it was on her side. Is this correct? The only reason i am fighting this is because this fence can be seen from the outside and now my side fence and back fence are different colors.

Thanks

Jose

HomeGuru

josepro918@hotm said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I built a colored cinder block fence around my property(3 sides). Early last year my back neighbor took it upon herself to paint my block fence. She is the property manager for the condos that are in back of my property. This fence was built entirely inside my property lines, with a few inches to spare, . I payed for this fence with no help from them. I spoke to her and she said she had the right to paint the fence since it was on her side. Is this correct? The only reason i am fighting this is because this fence can be seen from the outside and now my side fence and back fence are different colors.

Thanks

Jose

**A: no it is not correct.

Shel77

If the fence is as you say "entirely inside my property lines, with a few inches to spare" and you are certain of this mail her a certified letter letting her know that when she painted your fence she was tresspassing on your property and that if she does so again you will call the police and press charges. Repaint your fence/wall and put up a few No Tresspassing signs at least for a month or so. If she repaints it sue her in small claims court for the cost of painting the fence 3 times, and for tresspassing and anything else your state may allow.

BL

Shel77 said:
If the fence is as you say "entirely inside my property lines, with a few inches to spare" and you are certain of this mail her a certified letter letting her know that when she painted your fence she was tresspassing on your property and that if she does so again you will call the police and press charges. Repaint your fence/wall and put up a few No Tresspassing signs at least for a month or so. If she repaints it sue her in small claims court for the cost of painting the fence 3 times, and for tresspassing and anything else your state may allow.
Have a dunkin douhtnut and a medium coFFe , then go to your nearest paint store , and paint it phycalelic colors . oR IF YOU PREFER WAIT TILL LATER IN THE DAY AND GET ALL JUICED UP , BLOW THE STEREO AND PAINT AWAY .:D

justalayman

actually through all of this, I think most are mistaken. The OP stated they have a colored cinder block fence. I understand that to mean the blocks themselves are made with dyed concrete and not painted.

It would take somebody alot of elbow grease to return this to original condition.

So the the OP: if this is the case, get an estimate to clean all the paint off the wall, send a demand letter to the neighbor for payment. If no payment is recieved, sue them in small claims court.

S

shell007

justalayman said:
actually through all of this, I think most are mistaken. The OP stated they have a colored cinder block fence. I understand that to mean the blocks themselves are made with dyed concrete and not painted.

It would take somebody alot of elbow grease to return this to original condition.

So the the OP: if this is the case, get an estimate to clean all the paint off the wall, send a demand letter to the neighbor for payment. If no payment is recieved, sue them in small claims court.
I've seen colored paver brick, but never colored cinder block. Aren't cinder blocks grey!

http://www.color-business-cards.com/templates/textures/Cinder_Block_th.jpg

justalayman

http://www.willamettegraystone.com/concrete_blocks/colors/
http://www.trenwyth.com/vs_colors.asp
http://www.sepulveda.com/catalog_sepulveda/view_product.php?product=674&category=106

Well she didn't say what kind or shape of blocks. They come in a large variety and while the standard 8 x 16 x 8 block (two holers and three holers) is what most people think of, there are a variety of sizes and shapes available. People would call some of the "bricks" because they were made to replicate bricks and are that size.

Grey is the "normal" or common color because it doesn't cost anything to color it but it can be colored just about any color imaginable.

Actually anything made with concrete can be colored. I don't know if you are familiar with Chili's restaurants but in their current stores, the floor is dyed concrete (red) with a clear sealer finish.

It is as simple as putting a colorant into the concrete when casting the blocks.

And if this is the case, that is why it would be so labor intensive to remove the paint. Cleaning the paint from each and every pit would be extremely difficult.

S

shell007

justalayman said:
http://www.willamettegraystone.com/concrete_blocks/colors/
http://www.trenwyth.com/vs_colors.asp
http://www.sepulveda.com/catalog_sepulveda/view_product.php?product=674&category=106

Well she didn't say what kind or shape of blocks. They come in a large variety and while the standard 8 x 16 x 8 block (two holers and three holers) is what most people think of, there are a variety of sizes and shapes available. People would call some of the "bricks" because they were made to replicate bricks and are that size.

Grey is the "normal" or common color because it doesn't cost anything to color it but it can be colored just about any color imaginable.

Actually anything made with concrete can be colored. I don't know if you are familiar with Chili's restaurants but in their current stores, the floor is dyed concrete (red) with a clear sealer finish.

It is as simple as putting a colorant into the concrete when casting the blocks.

And if this is the case, that is why it would be so labor intensive to remove the paint. Cleaning the paint from each and every pit would be extremely difficult.
Got it!!!

One thing is for sure...YOU ARE THOROUGH!!!

LindaP777

Where the heck is the OP in all of this??? I'd love to hear what they did.

I'd send certified letters to both the propery manager as well as the condo association and demand the wall be restore to the original color within 10 days. If they don't respond, I'd hire a sandblaster to return the wall to the original color, then name the propery manager as well as the condo association in a civil suit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">