• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Over the Line

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rdrobertson

What is the name of your state? Alaska. I have a friend who built his house on newly aquired property about five years ago. Recently, his neighbor decided to sell their property and preparatory to doing so had a new survey done. Lo and behold my friend has approx. half of his house on the neighbor's property. My friend is beside himself with the fear that he will be sued and lose everything he owns. Is there any hope?What is the name of your state?

justalayman

rdrobertson said:
What is the name of your state? Alaska. I have a friend who built his house on newly aquired property about five years ago. Recently, his neighbor decided to sell their property and preparatory to doing so had a new survey done. Lo and behold my friend has approx. half of his house on the neighbor's property. My friend is beside himself with the fear that he will be sued and lose everything he owns. Is there any hope?What is the name of your state?

Hope of being sued? yep, there is.

Sounds like your friend needs to start buttering up the neighbor and hope there is enough property that your friend can buy the necessary property to make the building legal.

Shel77

when you say built a house do you mean he was the actual contractor or did he hire one? In otherwords was there someone esle pulling purmits getting surveys ect..?

THE PRACTICE-25

My response:

The original post was written on May 3, 2006. Apparently, the writer doesn't feel the need to come back.

Here's a clue for the writer: House mover.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">