• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce in Georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

debbie0040

My husband have been separated for over 3 months. I am about to file for divorce. We were together for 6 years, but only married since 05-27-2000. Does he have a right to any assets I have occurred since our separation? We live in Georgia and have no children.

LegalBeagle

debbie0040 said:
My husband have been separated for over 3 months. I am about to file for divorce. We were together for 6 years, but only married since 05-27-2000. Does he have a right to any assets I have occurred since our separation? We live in Georgia and have no children.
Yes. Because you are still legally married. You need to file for legal seperation to 'freeze' everything as it is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">