• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sale of a customer database

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

michael.kent

I recently purchased a Canadian company's database from a former employee. I am looking to sell this database to perhaps a list broker. What are the legal considerations I should be aware of?

Thanks,
Michael

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Possible proprietary rules from this company -- whether the database was misappropriated/etc. Possible copyright infringement dealing with the compilation/arrangement/selection of names/contacts.

Privacy issues of these separate contacts -- possible privacy/confidentiality agreements they had with company and as a result with individual employees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">