• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I find a discrimination lawyer when I have no money?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chou1autumn

Is there an organization for the retired lawyers who would
like to use their time to help or give legal advise to the less fortunes person like me? I need an attorney who can
represent me in a discrimination and harassment law suit. I am mistreated by my empolyers because I am a minority. I appreciate anyone who would like to lend me a hand. Wish to hear from you!! Anyone???? :( :( Please HELP!!!!

C

chou1autumn

How do I reply to the person who answers my questions?
This reply is for HomeGuru. I saw the words in red above, but it didn't answer my questions. I had called legal Aid, ABA, ACLU etc. but it leads me nowhere. Please HELP???? :( :( My time of getting a lawyer or legal advise from the legal field is running out. PLEASE HELP!?!?!?!?!

B

buddy2bear

The first step in any employment discrimination lawsuit is to file a charge with the EEOC and your State's Human Rights Department (cross-file). You must go through the administrative process first -- it is required. If there is merit in your charge and if the EEOC decides it would eventually affect a large group of people, they will take your case to finality. If not, they will issue you a Right to Sue letter and that is when you will need an attorney. Depending on whether your case has merit, a labor and employment lawyer will then take the case (after you are issued the Right to Sue letter) on a contingency basis. That means, he will upfront the cost of the lawsuit and take a portion of it when/if you win. If you cannot find an attorney, then that means that you do not have a good enough chance to win (no merit) or the amount of the award is less than the cost of the case. After you have your RTS letter from the EEOC, then call your local bar association and ask them to recommend an employment lawyer who represents plaintiffs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">