• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jumala

What is the name of your state? Washington State

I recently resigned my position, as a manger/Nurse supervisor, of a large company, and have remained on as an on-call employee. Before my departure, I had given disiplinary action to an employee who became extremely upset and hostile. During the last few months the employee has done everything in her power to sabatoge my job and my character. Although my supervisor was aware of the situation, we discussed further action would take place if the employee was in violation of company policy.
I have become aware that the employee has spread rumors about my employment status throughout the company and is lying, telling co-workers and family members of the clients we support that I overdosed a client. I have never overdosed a client and would no longr be employeed if I had. My question is, does the employer have any responsibility with controllig this employee and having the slander remarks stopped? I am a nurse and would like to have my name and reputation protected. My employer has asked me to work this summer for a few days and I am fearful of working in an environment that has an employee able to smear my name in the mud.

Beth3

My question is, does the employer have any responsibility with controllig this employee and having the slander remarks stopped? No. However you most definitely should contact HR and/or the DON to tell them what you've heard. Not only is your name and reptuation being impuned, so is the hospital's. Hopefully your employer will investigate and take the appropriate action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">