• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced to see Phycologist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ga_relicman

Forced to see Phychiatrist

What is the name of your state? Georgia
A few weeks back I had to take a Medic First Aid training class for work. It_s required. The class is taught at the local Tech College. I had the class on a Wednesday and was called by HR the next Thursday and was written up as a final warning for using profanity in the First Aid Training class. In the warning it was said that I continued to use profanity at least once after I was called down by the instructor. All of this is an out right lie. I_ve worked for this company for 32 years and never have been written up. I was blind sided with this whole thing. I took a day of vacation the next day and typed up a statement saying that I didn_t use any profanity in the class and was not called down for doing so. I got everyone that was in the class to sign it. No one hesitated at all. Everyone wanted to know why I got wrote up because I had use any profanity in class. All of these people work for the same company as I do. I just knew this would clear me but it didn_t. I was called back in on Wednesday and told to get over it. That it was going to stay on my record. They didn_t call anyone that was in the class that day and ask if if I had done it. Why didn_t they at least call me in and ask me before writing me up. I then emailed the supervisor of the class instructor and asked her about it. She responded to my email and said the instructor nor anyone else had made any complaint about me for anything I may have said or may not have said in that class. I sent this to my supervisor and the I get called back in by HR again and was told I had one option. I was told to take the next day off with pay and was given a business card with a name and phone number on it, and was told if I didn_t call that phone number by 5:00PM the next day my job would be terminated. It was a Psychiatrist I had to call. I was told I couldn_t get over being written up. I told the HR man I agreed, I told him it_s hard to get over a lie that_s told on you. Is it legal for them to force me to talk to a Psychiatrist? Who all can I sue for slander? I want someone to pay out the ass for putting me through this, and I can prove it_s a lie that_s been told. I live in Georgia:confused:

Last edited:

Country Living

Spelling....

He did edit his post to correct the spelling. I'm not sure which word he corrected; but, I do know which word should have been corrected.

I wonder if the real reason he's meeting the.... whatever.... is for anger management. Just a thought.

Country Living

In retrospect....

Maybe it's time the poster stepped back and reviewed his behavior in class. Something didn't go right during the class and it was enough of a warning to alert HR there is a problem with this employee.

Ga_relicman

Forced to see a Psychiatrist

Everything went well in class that day. I had no problem with the instructor at all. I don't have a problem with anger management! The reason I had to talk to a Psychiatrist was because I was told by HR I couldn't get over them writing me up. Yes I did talk to one. It was the only way for me to keep my job.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Is it legal for them to force me to talk to a Psychiatrist? Yes

Who all can I sue for slander? No one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">