• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lawyers used excusses instead of facts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kickback6

State: CA

LEFT BEHIND A SICK WIFE POSSIBLE CANCER 3 KIDS 2 INFINTS ONE 10 YEAR OLD 1 IS SICK WHERE HE STOPES BREATHING. My buddie went to trial for smuggling aliens. He pleaded guilty. was waiting for trail He had his liceanse taken away and i belive he had it only for work for now. he runs a business and was driving home when he was wrongfuly pulled over for tailgating and one of his kids did not have a baby chair but was over the required weight limit. those charges were droped but still had to pay the fine. he was paying the fine but paid the wrong ticket by the time he realized it ti was to late. he was suffuring of financial hardship and was unabeld to pay of the fine also the public defender told him not to pay the fine that it wouldint make a diffirence in the trail, it did. the only reasone he was diriving was beaces it was a requirement for the business. he was awaiting trail for the traffic violation and was mistaken with the time he arrived late and had to rescheaduled it for this upcoming week but had a warrant issued for his arrest even though he he had rescheduled it.
in trail the lawyerhad said that the judge would go off of 85 % reason why he did it and 15% on the actual facts. i believe that was wrong but im not a lawyer.
In court the failed to mention alot of thing to the point that the judge had to teach the lawyer that next time to bring that up to his attention when my buddie made the statment.
my friend said that the only reason he did it was to because his wife was sick and his son aswell and the business was not doing good so he was in a hard situation. now with the felony he lost his state licenses so now he is in a harder situation. thats all the lawyer said my friend was the one to tell the judge about his sick wife sick kid. he wants if possible house arrest to at least bring food to the table i fnot less time ,which is 18 months please help ! anybody what can i do?

seniorjudge

kickback6 said:
State: CA

LEFT BEHIND A SICK WIFE POSSIBLE CANCER 3 KIDS 2 INFINTS ONE 10 YEAR OLD 1 IS SICK WHERE HE STOPES BREATHING. My buddie went to trial for smuggling aliens. He pleaded guilty. was waiting for trail He had his liceanse taken away and i belive he had it only for work for now. he runs a business and was driving home when he was wrongfuly pulled over for tailgating and one of his kids did not have a baby chair but was over the required weight limit. those charges were droped but still had to pay the fine. he was paying the fine but paid the wrong ticket by the time he realized it ti was to late. he was suffuring of financial hardship and was unabeld to pay of the fine also the public defender told him not to pay the fine that it wouldint make a diffirence in the trail, it did. the only reasone he was diriving was beaces it was a requirement for the business. he was awaiting trail for the traffic violation and was mistaken with the time he arrived late and had to rescheaduled it for this upcoming week but had a warrant issued for his arrest even though he he had rescheduled it.
in trail the lawyerhad said that the judge would go off of 85 % reason why he did it and 15% on the actual facts. i believe that was wrong but im not a lawyer.
In court the failed to mention alot of thing to the point that the judge had to teach the lawyer that next time to bring that up to his attention when my buddie made the statment.
my friend said that the only reason he did it was to because his wife was sick and his son aswell and the business was not doing good so he was in a hard situation. now with the felony he lost his state licenses so now he is in a harder situation. thats all the lawyer said my friend was the one to tell the judge about his sick wife sick kid. he wants if possible house arrest to at least bring food to the table i fnot less time ,which is 18 months please help ! anybody what can i do?

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=254156

Okay, why should you be shown any mercy for smuggling aliens?

kickback6

no im not talking about mercy but why is it that now the sentencing is so sevier then 2-3 years ago. oh and how about rapist murders and drug dealers have lighter sentences?

S

shell007

kickback6 said:
no im not talking about mercy but why is it that now the sentencing is so sevier then 2-3 years ago. oh and how about rapist murders and drug dealers have lighter sentences?
Murderer's have 18 or less month sentences????

kickback6

im sure i can find more information on that but right now im concernd about my friend and his kids is there any way we can go to court do to the actions taken by the lawyer advising him not to pay the fines vecause it wouldint make a diffrience, which it really did

S

shell007

im sure i can find more information on that
Please do. I'm looking forward to having some good reading material with my morning coffee tomorrow!!!

S

shell007

kickback6 said:
not to piss on your cherios but im concerned for them
It's a wonderful thing that you are concerned. However...your "buddy" did something ILLEGAL, and now he is paying the price, which IS HOW IT SHOULD BE.

When it's all said and done, I'd be willing to be he doesn't make the same mistake twice.

Being a good friend means being supportive NOT ENABLING bad behavior.

kickback6

i understand what your saying i really do but put your self in his shoes having 3 kids one not being able to live with them because she is a bright girl and the only way she can go to a private school is for her to live with her grand parents because she will pay for that, now your youngest boy stops breathing because hes ill so now because of your business which is not going so well dosent have insurance so your spouse has to go back to work to make extra money and get health ins. and you get a part time job, now you find out that your spouse just found out that she/ or he might have cancer what would you do not being able to feed your kids and family, now i know what he did was wrong and illigel but im not asking anybody to brake the law, but if any body have any information that might help we would really appriciet it

S

shell007

kickback6 said:
i understand what your saying i really do but put your self in his shoes having 3 kids one not being able to live with them because she is a bright girl and the only way she can go to a private school is for her to live with her grand parents because she will pay for that, now your youngest boy stops breathing because hes ill so now because of your business which is not going so well dosent have insurance so your spouse has to go back to work to make extra money and get health ins. and you get a part time job, now you find out that your spouse just found out that she/ or he might have cancer what would you do not being able to feed your kids and family, now i know what he did was wrong and illigel but im not asking anybody to brake the law, but if any body have any information that might help we would really appriciet it
What your "buddy" is going through IS unfortunate, however....not excusable. You can re-write this sob story as many times as you like. In the end....He is getting what he deserves.

kickback6

im not triyng to be rude but who are you to judge. like i said im not triyng to do anything illegal im just going about it the right way trough the system. if you cant or not willing to help me out then thats fine but dont judge him im sure your not perfect right? so if any body can help me help him get on house arrest so his kids can eat please help

S

shell007

kickback6 said:
im not triyng to be rude but who are you to judge. like i said im not triyng to do anything illegal im just going about it the right way trough the system. if you cant or not willing to help me out then thats fine but dont judge him im sure your not perfect right? so if any body can help me help him get on house arrest so his kids can eat please help
You're a joke!!!

kickback6

yeah well atleast i aint a waist of time besides im here for advice not critacisim, ohh and is this what you do all day? no wonder it sounds like your on your period

S

shell007

kickback6 said:
yeah well atleast i aint a waist of time besides im here for advice not critacisim, ohh and is this what you do all day? no wonder it sounds like your on your period
Look...Just because I DID NOT tell you what you wanted to hear gives you NO EXCUSE to use your trash mouth with me.

This was my advice to you:
Murderer's have 18 or less month sentences????
I was truly curious.
Please do. I'm looking forward to having some good reading material with my morning coffee tomorrow!!!
I sincerely meant it.

It's a wonderful thing that you are concerned. However...your "buddy" did something ILLEGAL, and now he is paying the price, which IS HOW IT SHOULD BE.

When it's all said and done, I'd be willing to be he doesn't make the same mistake twice.

Being a good friend means being supportive NOT ENABLING bad behavior.
I really thought you were TRYING to be a good friend.

What your "buddy" is going through IS unfortunate, however....not excusable. You can re-write this sob story as many times as you like. In the end....He is getting what he deserves.
Just my honest opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">