• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help wit a case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

youngsunnz

What is the name of your state? arizona

hi im a high school student and there is only 1 week left of my skool and i have a final project in american goverment. my job and my groups job is to win this case regarding sexual harasment. i am the plantiff for this case. here is the situation tis case but before i tell u the cases naem is elyse roberts vs district of columbia. this is a george town university case assignemtn so if u can help me ill appreciate it

Some Random Guy

Gee, what a marvelous product of the American education system we have here.

Completed at least one year of high school
Is unwilling to do his own research - prefers it be given to him
Errors in one short paragraph of text: 15 spelling, 14 capitalization, 2 grammar

Suggestion for winning case. Have all of your buddies do the assignment while you keep your mouth shut.

outonbail

Some Random Guy said:
Gee, what a marvelous product of the American education system we have here.

Completed at least one year of high school
Is unwilling to do his own research - prefers it be given to him
Errors in one short paragraph of text: 15 spelling, 14 capitalization, 2 grammar

Suggestion for winning case. Have all of your buddies do the assignment while you keep your mouth shut.

I was thinking the same thing the moment I came across the word skool.

Now what puzzles me is this, are all these young folks that post questions here, actually lacking an education in fundamental English?
Or is it that they have spent so much time on line and in chat rooms where everything about our language is shortened, abbreviated and rarely capitalized, that this chopped up, short, gang banger style of writing has taken over their ability to communicate in complete sentences and proper English?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sorry, kid, no one did my homework for me when I was in school; I'm not going to do yours.

BelizeBreeze

cbg said:
Sorry, kid, no one did my homework for me when I was in school; I'm not going to do yours.
You went to the wrong school :D

I wouldn't have gotten through Calculus without dating the professor :D

mitousmom

I agree with the others: I'm not going to do your homework for you, but I will give you some references to get you the fundamentals. I'm assuming your case involves employment related sexual harassment. If so, start with EEOC's website and these documents: http://www.eeoc.gov/types/sexual_harassment.html, http://www.eeoc.gov/policy/docs/currentissues.html, http://www.eeoc.gov/policy/docs/harassment-facts.html. You can also google the term "sexual harassment" (in quotes) and get more hits than you can handle.

I also suggest that you use a word processor software application that has spelling and grammar check to write up your project.

I applaud you for looking for a site like this, but its purpose is to provide information, not to do your work for you.

Have fun with your project. It's a valuable learning experience that may help you in your work life. EEOC has a webpage designed just for youngsters in the workforce. It's at http://youth.eeoc.gov/

rmet4nzkx

youngsunnz said:
What is the name of your state? arizona

hi im a high school student and there is only 1 week left of my skool and i have a final project in american goverment. my job and my groups job is to win this case regarding sexual harasment. i am the plantiff for this case. here is the situation tis case but before i tell u the cases naem is elyse roberts vs district of columbia. this is a george town university case assignemtn so if u can help me ill appreciate it
We don't do homework and your written use of the English language leaves much to be desired for a student entering a national mock trial competition.
http://eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/Home.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=RecordDetails&ERICExtSearch_SearchValue_0=ED378125&ERICExtSearch_SearchType_0=eric_accno&objectId=0900000b80133697
Abstract: Prepared by the District of Columbia Street Law Project for its 18th annual city-wide mock trial competition, this instructional handout provides the material for a mock sexual harassment trial. Elyse Roberts, an assistant district attorney with the Office for the District Attorney of the District of Columbia, claims that Kevin Murphy, with whom she shared an office, frequently made obnoxious comments to her, some with sexual overtones, and that her supervisor ignored her complaints and demoted her for the poor work performance that resulted from the harassment. The District of Columbia defends on the grounds that no sexual harassment took place, that Roberts was overly sensitive to innocent comments and joking, and that her transfer was due to her performance as a lawyer. The handout clarifies the laws and explains the legal precedents. As evidence, the handout provides Roberts' attendance record; her evaluation ratings; and witness statements from Roberts, a detective who witnessed Murphy's behavior, a psychologist specializing in sexual harassment, Murphy, the supervisor, and the personnel director. Through participation in mock trials and analysis of the activity, students gain an insider's perspective on courtroom procedure and a basic understanding of the legal mechanism through which society resolves its disputes. Mock trials develop critical analysis, questioning and listening skills, and skills in preparing and organizing materials. (JD)

It sounds like much of your homework is already done for you, now all your team has to do is to turn on the charm..

Gadfly

Those links won't do any good. He won't be able to understand the words with all the extra letters in them and the puncuation will confuse him.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I strongly disagree with even giving her the links. No one else in the class had someone else hand them the places to research or a case to look at. Why should this spoiled brat have someone spoon feed them?

mitousmom

cbg,

I understand your point. However, I remember as a kid going in despair to the library at the last minute to get some information I needed for a school project, not knowing where to look, only to have a helpful librarian point me in the right direction. I think of the internet as the new library. I also view sharing knowledge and information as a part of community living.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I was referring less to your post than to rmet's. I do see your point as well, but at the same time, teach a man to fish...

rmet4nzkx

I merely gave OP the same informaiton they should have received with the assignment, that is why i gave that to them again:D To drive home the point that we don't do homework. THere is no way OP and their team will make it to the finals.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">