• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dry cleaning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jlf

Took dress to dry cleaners & asked to have it spot cleaned. It was put into the dry cleaning machine. Beads @ top of strapless dress melted, they made it stiff so it stayed up tight to my skin. I had no other dress to wear to party so bought "straps" and cleaners had their seamstress sew them on. Straps rubbed shoulders raw. Melted beads left spots all over velvet dress. I asked business owners to file an insurance claim, replied they are not prepaired to do that, they have done enough! Dress is ruined. Is there help for me?

JETX

Regretfully, it sounds like your only recourse would be to take the dry cleaner to court in an attempt to recover your actual damages (the cost of the dress). Depending on your state, this could be the original purchase price, or the depreciated value remaining on the item.

Be prepared to convince the court that the dry cleaner damaged your item, that this damage was a result of negligence by the cleaner and that the cleaner was promptly made aware of the damage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">