• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal Immigrant given access to personal information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

standinamerica

What is the name of your state? Alabama
my employer knowingly gave the illegal immigrant access to our personal information and our payroll status. plus this illegal is given overtime when we are told we can not get any. she is also given days off because she is tired but doesn't do any work. she personally told me she is illegal and they know she is illegal and also they helped her do her paper work using her cousin's id.
what can be done about this?

xylene

standinamerica said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama
my employer knowingly gave the illegal immigrant access to our personal information and our payroll status. plus this illegal is given overtime when we are told we can not get any. she is also given days off because she is tired but doesn't do any work. she personally told me she is illegal and they know she is illegal and also they helped her do her paper work using her cousin's id.
what can be done about this?

Step 1 - Grow an all American backbone. This is a capitalist society. The employer owes you nothing. The moral and legal lapses of your employer are not yours.

Step 2 - Take a stand and quit.

Step 3 - Report your allegations to the appropriate authorities.

You are whining about what your employer is doing for this illegal - however they are not doing anything wrong to you...

standinamerica

ok let me rephrase this so you can understand but then again you may be one of those that are alittle bit slow.
i want no one illegal having access to my social security number. can you understand that or is it too much for you to put together??

xylene

standinamerica said:
ok let me rephrase this so you can understand but then again you may be one of those that are alittle bit slow.
i want no one illegal having access to my social security number. can you understand that or is it too much for you to put together??

That is why i advised you to quit.

If the illegal commits a crime with your SSN, call the police, sue her and the company.

It is illegal for the company to knowingly employ illegal aliens. Report that. It is not a special crime for them to be employed in HR.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The only information that an employer is required by law to keep confidential is medical information.

mb94

You realize that US citizens also commit identity theft. You're SS# is no less safe with an illegal immigrant thatn with someone born and raised in the US of A. If you have proof she is doing something illegal with that information it is another issue. But you don't.

There is nothing illegal about liking one employee more than another and giving one person more time off. At my office the girl who answers the phones gets as much time off as she wants. Of course she's the owners daughter so that might have something to do with it. It's unfair but not illegal.

Knowingly hiring an illegal immigrant, on the other hand, is a crime. Feel free to report that. But if you are worried about ID theft be advised that it's far more likely to come from a member of your family then anyone else. I'd be more worried about my shift step-brother having access to my info then someone (anyone) in HR.

Gadfly

I guess the OP would be ok with a legal citizen using his identity.

Oh, maybe there's another real issue? Like he hates illegals? Give it another week congress will make them all legal, then it will be ok.

standinamerica

don't hate illegals just hate they're illegal. it is a crime to discriminate against americans in america!!! but maybe some stand for nothing and fall for anything?
are there any real legal minds here?

fairisfair

standinamerica said:
don't hate illegals just hate they're illegal. it is a crime to discriminate against americans in america!!! but maybe some stand for nothing and fall for anything?
Just because you don't like it doesn't make it illegal. if you want to wave the flag, make sure you have it right side up.

standinamerica

mitousmom

standinamerica said:
don't hate illegals just hate they're illegal. it is a crime to discriminate against americans in america!!!
It's also a violation of the anti-discrimination statutes to discriminate against illegals. From the EEOC website:
Title VII and the other antidiscrimination laws prohibit discrimination against individuals employed in the United States, regardless of citizenship. However, relief may be limited if an individual does not have work authorization.

turbowray

i agree

report this employer to the proper authorities and they will get repremanded,and the illegal immigrant will be sent back to wherever he or she is from then the problem is solved but as far as giving this person access to personal information,cbg stated clearly that they can do this as long as it is not medical information. How do you know that they helped her with her cousins i.d also,where you there??

turbowray

hmmm

i think that the poster stated earlier that the person in question used thier cousins i.d to work,this may very well make the person in question illegal,maybe not an illegal immigrant but an illegal worker lol! Have a good one gadfly!!:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">