• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal felony charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wrongway

I have a n addiction behavior, well my therapist calls it thtat. I have a habit of writing bad checks. Not only mine but also yours if the opportunity arises. I do not mean this in a shrewd way just trying to lay everything out on the table so you can understand. I have alot of guilt and remorse but no one really understands that. I have been in trouble before and I am scared at this point. It seems that the only time I do is when I am having a financial struggle and get deperate. I know that it is wrong and itis like I fight a battle in my head and still do the wrong thing. Anyway, I went to my friend and admitted what I had done and instead of giving me the reaction that I thought she would she is pressing charges. 6 counts of forgery. I am not sure of the prosecution of this and wanted to know what to expect before court in January. Actually I wrote checks from my account to show fake funds back in hers so she wouldn't know. So I think that that is deception. See I am lost and can not seek legal advise. I will be assigned a public defender the morning of court. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry to be so lengthy.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Wrongway, at least you admit your wrongs and know you need help. I think that is what your friend was doing for you and she has every right to tell the authorities to prosecute you.

Your prosecution will depend on if the Public Defender can plea bargain, your past criminal record, remorse, etc.

Since you have not mentioned your state, we don't know what the exact punishment will be. But you can look up the statutes with which you have been charged, by going to the hyperlink below. Also, have you thought about seing if there is legal aid help for you(not public defender). Try 411 and ask for a local legal aid foundation.

https://law.freeadvice.com/resources/statecodes.htm

W

wrongway

FELONY

Thank you for your reply. I live in Ga. Also to add mr to this. Ioaid her back she and I signed an agreement and she agreed to drop charges but she did not. Now she is wanting pain and suffering and medical reimbursemnet and also to pay for her time off her job to file papers and so forth. I know what I did is wrong but how far can she go before it all can be stopped? I did look at the link you sent but I can not make a lot out of it yet. I will really have to have my mind clear to understand all the terms.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">